Document management treats paper overload
On top of demands to deliver the highest quality patient care, healthcare providers need to be constantly mindful of operational efficiencies to help contain growing medical costs. With no shortage of paper and electronic patient information, document management software solutions are becoming a critical factor in meeting burgeoning healthcare challenges.
Among the areas where document management is making a significant contribution are: integrating digital patient information with paper, charts and dictated notes; instant availability of the latest and most correct patient information; improved collaboration between multiple doctors’ offices; reduced administrative costs to handle insurance and billing documents; ensuring compliance with DEA and Sarbanes Oxley.
Westbrook Fortis document management software captures, indexes, stores and retrieves paper-based and electronic medical, administrative and financial documents, images, and files – from anywhere, instantly and securely.
Fortis provides a secure repository for all forms of medical records – scanned paper, lab reports, notes, dictation, medical imaging and correspondence.
- Records are fully text searchable; patient information can be found quickly
- Merged lab reports and notes with electronic medical images create a composite file
- Improved care through instantaneous and remote access to patient medical records
- Enhanced patient safety by reducing lost information or use of incorrect information
- More accurate billing through better coding processes
- Reduced administrative costs in filing and retrieving records
Fortis captures EOBs, diagnostic coding and patient invoicing into one easy-to-use system for:
- Measureable savings in filing space and manpower costs
- Reduced miscoding
- Improved collections
- Quick response to patient inquiries about billing status
Florida Medical Center Clinics – store all patient records in the Fortis system, saving $1.3 million/year in records administration costs.
Huntsville Cardiothoracic Surgeons – converted all their medical records to Fortis; now able to access patient records within four seconds.
Fortis provides one document management backbone that integrates with administrative and business systems.
Fortis is successfully in use in virtually every aspect of the healthcare value chain. Some of the applications of Fortis in healthcare include:
- Insurance billing and EOBs
- Accounts payable / receivable
- Patient registration/admissions
- Patient records
- Medical records
- Materials management
- Clinical trials
Return On Investment
Among the savings, productivity, and revenue healthcare organizations will realize with Fortis document management software are:
- Reduced patient record administration staff
- Reduced paper record storage costs
- Achievement of 100% compliance – patient information security; information audit trail
- Accelerated access to patient records from minutes or hours to seconds
- Faster throughput due to decreased administrative wait time
- Better management of insurance claim process
Fortis is used by a wide range of healthcare enterprises, from very small medical practices to hospital networks. These include:
- Duke Medical Center, NC
- Banner Health, TX
- Princeton Medical Center, NJ
- Medical Center Clinics, FL
- Huntsville Cardiothoracic, AL
- Outpatient Services East, AL
- Mercy Hospital, ME
- St. Raphael’s Hospital, CT
Integrated Document Management
Fortis provides a full range of document management capabilities including:
- Image capture and OCR
- Versioning and archiving
- Records management
- Security and management
- Viewing and annotation
- Disaster recovery and retention
Patient Experience and Care
Fortis impacts patient registration and workflow, speed of care, and portability of records - ensuring the availability of the most current and correct patient information.
Fortis captures and secures patient records in every format from images and notes to audio and lab reports. Fortis makes these records fully searchable and accessible remotely.
Facility and Safety
Fortis is a repository for facility management information, thus keeping records and inspection reports up to date and facilities in compliance.
Insurance and Administration
Fortis provides a solution for capturing and managing the insurance billing, EOB, and accounts payable processes.
Providing multiple levels of security and auditing, Fortis is a secure repository for managing DEA compliance and staff credentialing.