Q: What do you scan?
Records, charts, diagrams
IBM punch cards
Q: Do you sell scanners and software?
- We sell Fortis and Digitech software.
- We also sell document scanners.
Q: What kind of document imaging and scanning software do you use?
- We use File Magic, which is a Westbrook Technologies/FORTIS product, or Digitech’s PaperFlow.
- Both are Microsoft endorsed and built to work with Microsoft platforms.
- If you have specialty software, we can also scan directly into that.
Q: Can I access my files on the web?
- We can set up access on our secure server so you can download your files from the web or maintain them there.
- We can also help you set up your own image server.
Q: How does scanning and document imaging save me money?
- Most people think the storage is the big savings, and while that’s a big plus, the biggest savings is in LABOR.
- Your employees who are paid to be doing a certain job aren’t spending hours hunting for paper.
- And they aren’t just making salary or wages to look for paper, the cost of benefits adds up also.
Q: What size paper can you scan?
- Our high-speed scanners scan up to 200 images a minute duplex, up to 11" x 17".
- We can scan up to 500,000 documents or images per day.
- We also have wide-format scanning up to size “E.”
Q: Can you scan in color?
Q: Can you scan engineering drawings?
- Absolutely! We have wide format scanning up to size “E.”
Q: How much does wide format cost?
- It’s a price per image, and it depends on how many index fields you want with each image.
- The price is dependent on the size and condition of your documents. We need to look at your documents to give you a firm bid.
Q: What about document destruction?
- If you’d like your files back we can return them.
- We can also hold on to them for 90 days for quality control. When you are comfortable with your digital images we will check with you to get approval for destruction.
- Once the paper is destroyed we provide you with a Certificate of Approved Document Destruction. That means you can rest assured knowing your old paper has been turned into pulp.
Q: Do I need to keep my paper files?
- Certain industries have special rules, but in general, digital images are legal to the Supreme Court of the United States and replace the need to maintain your paper documents.
Q: What about disaster recovery?
- Maintaining your important documents on CD/DVD creates a very efficient and simple disaster recovery plan.
- In case of emergency you can simply grab your sleeve of CD/DVDs instead of worrying about a server or tape backup.
- As soon as you get to a computer, all your documents are right there at your fingertips, and they are legal to the Supreme Court.
- We provide two copies of all CD/DVDs with our service, but you can have as many copies as you like.
Q: What is indexing?
- Indexing is the process of naming and tagging image files with the pertinent information needed to search and use the files in daily use. For example, medical record indexing might include first name, last name and medical record number. After the scanned documents are indexed they can be located by searching for either the first name, last name or medical number.
- As a rule, the more indexing the images have, the more valuable they become.
Q: What file format will my images be produced in?
- Our customers most often request PDFs and TIFFs.
- We can produce scanning output in any of several hundred different formats. Just tell us what you need.
Q: Do you scan photos?