11-26-2013 Records Management and the Records Manager Job Description
3 ½ Reasons why you want to pay someone whose job it is to be retentive:
- They ensure latest rules pertaining to regulatory agencies are followed
- They maintain and secure vital records for retrieval and destruction
- They oversee all internal processes with respect to the flow of records throughout the company
- They know where the bodies are buried
They are called record managers because "professional retentive person" never gets very many hits on Career Builder.
The first step to hiring a records manager in your company is creating the job description.
When hiring a records manager to work for your company or assigning records manager duties to an existing employee, it’s important to create a great job description.
The job description should include:
- Who the employee will report to
- Minimum education
Save yourself some time and download our job description template.